Fashion Friday: NYFW 2016 + Diva Does Dress and Booties

Photo credit: handpickedmedia.co.uk
Wow, I can't believe it's #NYFW already! That's New York Fashion Week for those looking with a blank stare. Ha! Two of the biggest stories are about France banning ultra thin models and Kanye West's "Yeezy" fashion unveiling. As far as the 'thin model ban', I think it's amazing that the fashion industry is becoming more adept to real life...even though we have a long way to go, especially for curvier figures. And Yeezy...people can say what they want but Mr. West is doing his thing. The nay sayers are forgetting that fashion is flexible and just because they don't care for it, that's their opinion.

Okay, back to life in the here and now...

Today is casual Friday so I'm wearing my jeans and work polo, which isn't spectacular in the least.

But yesterday, I finally rocked a simple yet stunning look that some of my favorite bloggers have done. It's the dress with booties look. Basically, you take a cute dress that is knee-length or shorter, add some tights or leggings and finish the look with some hot booties. I'm not referring to backside booties (got enough of that though), but to the ankle-height boots that come in a variety of colors and styles.

I styled mine by starting with an old maroon  sheath dress with faux leather side strips. I added some basic black leggings and some cute black booties that were a gift from my best friend. To spice it up and keep a little warmer, I added my faux leather with sheer stripes jacket. The best part of this is that I had all of this in my closet! Go team ME! 


And here are some of my favorite bloggers rocking this trendy trio of dress + tights + booties. The photos are courtesy of the ladies' blog sites.


 From left to right, these beauties are:
Chastity (garnerstyle.com)
 
"Diva Doing" items: Dress (old from Ross) + Leggings (old) + Booties (gifted from BFF) + Jacket (old from Ashley Stewart)

And before I got I have to give a shout out to my photographer extraordinaire, Ms. Shawnee!


Thanks for stopping by!

Keep those sharp curves super classy! 
~ Erika ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment