Super Diva to the Rescue for Halloween Style

I haven't done a Halloween costume in years. But this year, when I heard about PlayDate Orlando's Halloween Event, I knew I wanted to go.

First of all, let me explain PlayDate. In a nutshell, it's a fun and games night for adults. It's complete with DJ, dance floor, board games and crowd participation. If you've never been, check the FaceBook page. It's not just Orlando so check to see if it's in your city. And just FYI, the pics don't do the event justice. It's way more fun than it looks!

Next...I had to decide what to be. I knew I wanted to be cute and divalicious. Some ideas were urban cowgirl, sexy witch and female pimp. Since I was on a strict budget, I wanted to mold my costume around stuff I already had. I finally came up with Super Diva! As my niece asked me, "Who is this Super Diva? I don't know her." (LOL break)

Super Diva is my own personal, original superhero I came up with. As you can see, I rocked the costume! I only spent around $20 and I was the only one wearing my costume (unlike the duplicated Playboy bunnies and Miley Cyrus impersonators).

The components are...
- Cape: purchased from Walmart for $9.97 - has a hood but I just turned it in and that worked fine
- Letters on back of cape: purchased from Hobby Lobby for about $3
- Tiara and Bangles: made from foam sheets, gold tissue paper and jewels all from Dollar Tree (cut foam to shape, then covered foam with tissue paper, secured w/ hot glue gun; used double-sided tape to affix tiara to a headband and bangles to bracelets for a more sturdy base)
- Halter top: Diva's closet
- Short shorts: Diva's dresser (other option was a short skirt)
- Boots: Diva's closet (gold embellishment on boots was more of the gold tissue paper)
- Earrings: Diva's jewelry organizer
- Belt: Diva's dresser
- Items to make 'utility belt': Diva's lip gloss & pouch from Dollar Tree covered in gold tissue paper



I enjoyed being creative as well as wearing this ensemble. I even wore the cape, tiara and bangles to work on Halloween...my co-workers got a kick outta that! 

Now, what costume to wear next year...

Until next time, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! And be fashionable, even in costume!

Fashionably Your's, 
Diva on Fashion

1 comment: